Welcome! You can find the latest product updates listed down below by their release dates.
Major UI Updates - New Look and Feel
We've given Tabula a fresh new look and feel! Our updated user interface is designed to enhance your experience and make navigation smoother than ever before.
Generate datasets with AI
Say goodbye to manual data entry! Tabula now allows you to create an "Empty table" with the help of AI. This feature streamlines data organization and reduces manual effort.
"API Call" Node
With the all-new "API column" node, you now have the power to seamlessly integrate external APIs into your workflows. This exciting addition opens up a world of possibilities for automating tasks and fetching real-time data.
- A new linear chat was added.
- Now you can download your chat in PNG or SVG format
- We also added tutorials for smooth onboarding
Some major bugs were fixed.
Meet our new updated design! Even more intuitive and stunning. Wait for the next updates soon!
New Home Page
- Filters are now case-independent
- You can close the right panel on Explorer and Design Flow pages
- Bar charts now have gridlines
- Fixed major bugs with filters on the Explorer page after applying Group By command
The new home page features quick links to your most recent datasets and flows for convenient navigation.
Introducing a new node that allows you to generate a column based on text prompts. Cleanup, restructure, or enrich your datasets at a speed 5x faster with our AI's assistance. We're working to incorporate more AI support, stay tuned…
- You can now open and analyze your CSV or Excel files without the need to create a new flow. Open them directly from the Catalog page and explore them with custom filters
- Features include: filtering, sorting, grouping by, columns hiding, and data bars
- You also can change the size and type of the sample data for large datasets
- You have the option to save your filtered datasets or transform them into data flows for advanced operations.
The empty table can be used for creating quick samples or dictionaries. Seamlessly copy and paste data from different sources like Excel or other spreadsheets using Cmd-V \ Ctrl-V commands.
Now working in Runtime over the whole datasets
Enhanced CSV File Support
- Work with CSV files of any size (flows continue to work with samples during design time)
- Download sample data as CSV from any node during design time
- Improved CSV delimiter autodetection
Refined Autocomplete in Expression Editor
- Added descriptions for function parameters
- Included examples for each function
- Streamlined user experience
Chart Node (Beta)
- New chart node supporting bar and column charts
- Currently functional only during design time
New Materializations Types for Database Tables
- Update - add or update all new values in the existing table
- Incremental updates - add or update filtered values in the existing table
Improved Source Logic
- Filter rows and select columns directly in the Source node for database tables
- Duplicate groups via the context menu
- Enhanced canvas layout logic for expanded groups
Additional UX Enhancements
- Updated Join and Output nodes user interface
- Displayed a thousand separators in the table for numerical values
- Updated logic of canvas
- Drag-n-drop nodes without their selection
- Zoom in and out
- Mouse: Hold down ⌘ Command (Mac) or Ctrl (Windows) and scroll the mouse wheel up to zoom in or down to zoom out.
- Trackpad: Pinch two fingers together to zoom out or stretch two fingers apart to zoom in
- Hotkeys: Zoom in: Shift +, Zoom out: Shift -, Zoom to fit: Shift 1
- New controls panel on canvas
- In the bottom right corner of the Canvas, hover over the “centralized” icon
- A menu will open with buttons
- to centralize the canvas
- to show Minimap
- to create “Text” (Memo)
- Groups of nodes
- Select multiple nodes with “Shift” + Mouse Drag
- In the Action panel: select “Group nodes” (or press “G” button)
- Use a group’s context menu to ungroup
- Change group color from a palette on the group’s upper right corner
- Editing node names on Canvas
- Use the context menu on nodes to edit the node’s name right on the canvas
- As an alternative, you also can edit node’s names from the property grid
- Copy nodes from the context menu
Discovery & Analyze of Data
- Statistics in columns headers
- Ranges and valid-missing percentage
- for valid\missing values statistics to see → hover on a cell with ranges or unique values under column names
- Histograms and the most popular values
- hover on any cell right under the column’s name and click it to expand the statistics
- Statistics in preview mode in a property grid
- Filter, Duplicate, and Change type nodes show statistics like as many rows were filtered
- Change type node → we now highlight cells that were not converted
- Show special symbols in the table
- only by hotkey → Ctrl + 1
- Improved UI for expression editor
- show functions’ parameters description
- User-defined scalar functions
- now you can define custom functions and reuse them in expressions
- XSLX files are not working in the flows where there are DB tables or views (neither as Sources nor as Outputs)
- Canvas default cell sizes are changed
- Statistics are not always loading in column headers
- Groups cannot be nested